This tasty dish is an adaptation of the original recipe I found on the "Pinch of Yum” website:
Rainbow Vegetarian Pad Thai with Peanuts and Basil Recipe - Pinch of Yum
For the Pad Thai
- 6-8 ounces Brown Rice Noodles, fettuccini style
- 1 Zucchini, cut into 1 ½ inch, chopstick width pieces
- 1 Red Pepper, cut into 1 ½ inch, chopstick width pieces
- 1/2 Yellow Onion, cut into narrow wedges
- 2 Carrots, cut into 1 ½ inch, chopstick width pieces
- 2 C. Red Cabbage, cut into small chunks
- 2 T. Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 1/2 C. Peanuts, chopped
- 1/4 C. Green Onion, sliced
- 1/2 C. fresh herb mix of Cilantro, Basil, and Mint
For the Sauce:
- 1-2 T. Fish Sauce
- 2 T. Coconut Sugar or Maple Syrup
- 1/4 C. Vegetable Broth
- 2 T. White Vinegar
- 1 T. Soy Sauce
- 1 t. Chili Paste(Sambal Oelek)
- Cook noodles according to package except, rinse and drain just before they are fully cooked.
- Prepare Pad Thai ingredients .
- Mix sauce ingredients in a bowl.
- Heat a tablespoon of oil over medium high heat. Add the carrots and stir-fry for 2-3 minutes. Add the onion, zucchini, red pepper, and cabbage and stir-fry until tender-crisp—be careful not to overcook them.
- Turn the heat down to medium low, add the sauce and noodles. Stir constantly to insure all of the noodles are coated in sauce and are allowed to soak it in until they are fully cooked.
- Turn heat off and stir in the peanuts, green onions, and herbs. Serve immediately.
Yields 4 servings