While living in Singapore, we discovered every cuisine is represented there. My husband and I often visited a quaint Italian restaurant for date night not far from our apartment. They had a pasta dish I really liked, but when I moved to St. George, Utah I could not find anything comparable. So I contacted the restaurant through the internet and asked for a list of ingredients for the dish and came up with my own version called Veggie & Herb Pasta. Buon Appetito!
- 2 TBLS. Coconut or Avocado Oil
- 2 tsp. Garlic, chopped
- ¼ tsp. Red Chili, dried flakes
- ½ Sweet Onion, cut into slivers
- ½ cup Sun Dried Tomato, cut into strips
- ½ can Black Olives, sliced
- ½ cup Roasted Red Bell Pepper, cut into strips
- 1 cup Butternut Squash, cubed and steamed
- 3 cups fresh Spinach leaves
- ½ cup fresh Basil leaves, chopped
- ½ cup fresh Cilantro, chopped
- Noodles, prepared
- No Salt Seasoning, to taste
- Salt & Black Pepper, freshly ground to taste
Heat the oil in a large skillet. Sauté the garlic and chili for 30 seconds to release the flavor. Add onion and sauté until, transparent. Reduce heat to low. Add tomatoes, bell peppers, and olives. Stir and warm through. Add Spinach leaves and fold in. Stir until they are a bright green color and wilted. Stir in prepared noodles, basil, and cilantro and squash. Add seasoning, salt and pepper to taste.