Every once in a while we enjoy dining on Columbia River Salmon my husband catches on his trips to the Great Northwest. Try our version of "Spicy Salmon Sushi Bowl." Yum!
- 2 TBLS. Soy Sauce
- 2 TBLS. Rice Vinegar
- 1 TBLS. Sambal (Chili Garlic Sauce)
- 2 TBLS. Sesame Oil
- 1 ½ TBLS. Toasted Sesame Seeds
- 1 TBLS. Minced Ginger
- 1 serving cooked Salmon, flaked (I use smoked salmon)
- 2 cups cooked Rice
- Cucumber, Carrots, Radishes, Yellow or Red Bell Peppers, Avocado
- Cilantro, chopped
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, rice vinegar, sambal, sesame oil, toasted sesame seeds, and minced ginger.
- Add the flaked salmon. Stir to mix and set aside to marinate.
- When the rice is finished cooking, sprinkle with additional rice vinegar and stir to mix in.
- Scoop cooked rice into each of two bowls.
- Top each with half of the spicy salmon and spoon on any extra sauce.
- Surround or top rice and salmon with thinly sliced cucumber, radishes, bell pepper, julienned carrots, and avocado.
- Sprinkle fresh cilantro. Serve immediately.